In our mission to become of, by and for communities, Techniquest are attending festivals and events in the local area.
It was truly an astronomical day! The space themed event invited local businesses and organisations to come together and provide a memorable day for the area. The event hosted activities for children and adults, as well as singing and rapping from young, rising artists.
“We were delighted that so many residents turned up to support GrangeFest19. This year there were over 40 stalls, many of which were local businesses, and it was fantastic to see the #shoplocal campaign in action! Volunteers from Grangetown Community Action worked so hard behind the scenes in the run-up to the festival and on the day and should be congratulated for an excellent event. Community Gateway and architects Dan Benham and IBI Group were able to share the plans for the new Grange Pavilion and it was wonderful to see people’s positive reactions and excitement. There was such a great mix of information stalls, activities, vendors and live music; the atmosphere was fantastic and we were very glad to play a part in the day.”
– Lynne Thomas, Community Gateway Project Manager
We engaged with over 250 people at our stall and will continue to inform and build relationships with the 72 individuals that signed up to our newsletter during the event. This is one of the first events of its kind that we attended, but it definitely won’t be the last!
You can look out for our stand at the following events this summer:
- We Are TEMPO Presentation, St Mellons Hub – July 4th
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Festival, St David’s Hall – July 8th
- Taff Summer Fun Days, Riverside Warehouse – July 31st
- Superbugs Cardiff University, St David’s 2 – July 29th to August 9th
- Big Welsh Bite, Ynysangharad Park – August 3rd & 4th
- Riverside Festival – August 17th
- Taff Summer Fun Days, Canton Community Hub – August 20th
- Butetown Carnival – August date TBC
Contact us if you would like us to attend your event or festival.